The 10th Cyprus International Film Festival (CYIFF) award ceremony took place on September 27 at 'Technopolis 20' in Paphos.
According to a press release, the ceremony was presented by the director of the festival Petra Terzi along with the representative of the independent jury Natalie A Dalheimer.
There was a screening of the awarded short films “The Story Teller”, “Spooky & Linda” and the Golden Aphrodite winner feature film “Simshar”.
Member of the Jury Xeyang Hu said that he is honoured to be a VIP judge at the 10th CYIFF adding that this it is “a very high standard festival for independent filmmakers”. He also mentioned that he is currently in Cyprus in order to prepare his next feature Film “IQ Zero”, an international co-production involving Chinese, European and US cinema agents.
“It will be a high budget project of about 10 million euros. As Cyprus occupies a special geographical location at the junction of Europe, Asia and Africa and provides most of the specialized needs of this ambitious production we intend to shoot about 80% of the outdoor scenes locally”, he explained.
He added that he also plans to use a lot of the local production resources and that his film will feature the natural beauties and tourist facilities of Cyprus to the global market.
AWARDS 2015 – CYIFF 2015
“Golden Aphrodite” First shown Film Directors
1. Best Production Design in a Feature Film: Su Erdon / Jindaoxinxin – “Ili river” (China)
2. Best Sets / Costumes in a Feature Film: Maria Papadopoulou – “Anemistiras” (Hellas)
3. Best Score in a Feature Film: Ve Linhua – “Ili river” (China)
4. Best Editing in a Feature Film: Ricky Rijneke and Nina Petrovna – “Silent Ones” (Netherlands)
5. Best Leading Actor in a Feature Film: Panagiotis Vogopoulos “The Lion of Penteli” (Hellas)
6. Best Leading Actress in a Feature Film: Shared to a) Danai Androulaki “Anemistiras”(Hellas) & b) with Violeta Markovska “The Woman of my Life” (Bulgaria)
7. Best Script in a Feature Film: Anastasia Kozimpa – “Dark Illusion” (Hellas)
8. Best Cinematography in a Feature Film: Gergely Pohárnok, Jean-Paul de Zaeytijd & Dirk Rijneke – “Silent Ones” (Netherlands)
9. Best Director in a Feature Film: Rebecca Cremona – “Simshar” (Malta)
10. Golden Aphrodite: Rebecca Cremona – “Simshar” (Malta)
11. Nostimon Imar Award: Konstantinos Koutsoliotas – “The Winter” (UK)
Golden Aphrodite VIP Jury:
1. Hu Xueyang, director – China
2. Vivek Singhania, producer – India
3. George Roberson, producer – Canada
B) Short Films
CYIFF 2015 Got Talent
1. Best Short Film: Christian Wehrlin – “Spooky and Linda” (Switzerland)
2. Best Cinematography in a First Short Film: Andrzej Cichocki – “Shadow Forest” (Poland)
3. Best Director in a First Short Film: Christian Wehrlin – “Spooky and Linda” (Switzerland)
4. Honorary Mention for the Story to the first animation short film by Akis Melachris & Melissaropoulos – “Oliloves” (Hellas)
CYIFF 2015 Veteran’s Short Films
5. Best Veteran’s Short Film: Andreas Sheittanis – “The Story Teller” (United Kingdom)
6. Best Direction in a Veteran’s Short Film: Andreas Sheittanis – “The Story Teller” (United Kingdom)
7. Best Cinematography in a Veteran’s Short Film: Jeffrey Celis – “The Story Teller” (United Kingdom)