Cyprus Economic & Investment Summit in London Crowned with Success
Eurobank Cyprus held the Cyprus Economic and Investment Summit, on Thursday, 12 May at the Landmark Hotel in London. More than 100 institutional investors and professionals from private equity firms, hedge funds, sovereign wealth funds, family offices, investment banks, corporate finance specialists and financial media participated in the Summit at which they were informed of the Government’s vision for the country’s economy and its plans for continued stability and growth. The Summit presented the current investment climate, outlined investment opportunities and showcased the advantages of Cyprus as a leading regional international business centre.
Keynote speakers included:
• Harris Georgiades, Minister of Finance, Republic of Cyprus
• Nicos S. Kyriakides, Partner in charge of Limassol Office, Head of Financial Advisory Services, Deloitte, Cyprus
• Robert Kyprianou, Chairman, Eurobank Cyprus Ltd
• Angelos Gregoriades, President, Cyprus Investment Funds Association
• Miltos Kambourides, Founder and Managing Partner, Dolphin Capital Partners and Dolphin Capital Investors, UK
• Jonathan Taylor, Vice President, European Investment Bank, Luxembourg
• Thomas Whinfield Scholar, permanent Secretary, HM Treasure and UK Prime Minister’s Adviser on European and Global Issues in the Cabinet Office, UK
The Summit audience proved to be particularly lively, with Finance Minister Harris Georgiades in particular receiving numerous questions and comments from delegates. Yuri Bender, (Editor-in-Chief, Wealth Management at The Financial Times) acted as Chairman of the Summit and conducted an interview with the Minister.
Participants included representatives of land developers, investment funds, wealth management companies, family offices, banks and financial institutions. The Summit was also attended by British and international media.
Among the firms represented at the Summit were:
• Davidson Kempner
• Azure Wealth
• CMB Wealth Management Ltd
• Haitman Real Estate
• Jomaro Group
• FactSet Research Systems Inc.
• Fushi Real Estate
• BC Partners
• Bond Asian Ventures Ltd