Simon Osborne, Chief Executive at ICSA, will be the keynote speaker of the conference ‘The Future of Corporate Governance: New Regulations, Best Practices and Corporate Culture’, which is presented by Infocredit Group and powered by ICSA. He will deliver presentations on ‘The Future of Governance’ and ‘Evaluating your Board’. He will analyse how to untangle the different components of corporate governance, and he will discuss how an external evaluation of a board can help directors focus on areas of improvement for the ultimate decision making procedure within an organisation.
Simon Osborne is Chief Executive of ICSA and Joint Head of ICSA Board Evaluation. Based in London, he is responsible for the management of ICSA in the UK, Republic of Ireland and Associated Territories (UKRIAT) region. Osborne is a Fellow of ICSA and has over 40 years’ industry experience. Osborne joined ICSA in 2003 as Head of ICSA Board Evaluation. In 2005, he became Chairman of the ICSA Company Secretaries’ Forum. He was appointed Chief Executive in 2011. Before ICSA, Osborne worked at Railtrack Group PLC for 10 years, initially as Group Secretary and General Counsel and later as the Group Legal Director. Prior to this, he worked at the British Railways Board as Head of Legal Department. Osborne is a member of the International Corporate Governance Network (ICGN) and serves on its Bylaws and Procedures Committee. He is a non-executive director of Crown Business Communications Ltd and of MNN Holdings Ltd. He is also Deputy Chairman of the Railway Benefit Fund. Osborne qualified first as a Solicitor of the Senior Courts of England and Wales in 1973.
ICSA: The Governance Institute is the professional body for governance. With 125 years' experience, ICSA works with regulators and policy makers to champion high standards of governance and provide qualifications, training and guidance.
The Corporate Governance Conference will take place on Friday, 5 May at 8:30am at the Hilton Cyprus Hotel.
Additionally, the other topics are as follows:
• Cost of Lack of Compliance – Danger for Sustainability, Speaker from LexisNexis Risk Solutions, ΕΜΕΑ
• Looking beyond Regulatory Compliance. The Costs Associated to Toxic Organizational Practices, Dr. Cristian Ducu, Senior Ethics & Compliance and Sustainability Consultant, Centre for Advanced Research in Management and Applied Ethics, Romania
• Business Integrity and the Role of Transparency International, Marios Skandalis FCCA, CFC, CFE, FICA, Executive Vice-Chairman, Transparency International (Cyprus)
• Corporate Culture and the Board, Panayiotis Peleties, Board Member in KPMG Cyprus and Chairman of the KPMG Cyprus Audit Committee Institute
• Introduction to GDPR - Everything you need to know about the New Data Protection Regulation, Leigh Berkley, Vice President, FENCA
• ICSA Qualifications, Theresa Minnie, Head of Membership and Outreach, ICSA, UK
• Panel Discussion: Corporate Governance in Cyprus
The Conference is addressed to professionals from the following sectors:
• Banks and Other Financial Institutions
• Accounting, Audit and Tax firms
• Local and European Regulators
• Law firms
• Fiduciary Service Providers
• Company Formation and Administration firms
• Jurisdictional Representatives
• Wealth Management Experts
• Compliance Consultants
• International Corporations established in Cyprus
• Government leaders and officials
For the further details, click here.
Organizer: Infocredit Group, Powered by: ICSA: The Governance Institute, Gold Sponsor: Bank of Cyprus, LexisNexis Risk Solutions, Silver Sponsors: CORPRO, KPMG, Supported by: Association of Cyprus Banks, Central Bank of Cyprus, Cyprus Stock Exchange, ICPAC, Cyprus Fiduciary Association, Transparency International - Cyprus, Under the auspices: CySEC, Nicosia Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Badge Sponsor: Powersoft, Coordinator: IMH
For further information contact: IMH, tel. 22505555, fax: 22679820, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.imhbusiness.com